Thursday 22 August 2013

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me (Die for Me #1)
Author: Amy Plum
Pages: 341
Publication Date: May 10, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen




In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.



I didn't mean to pick up this book, but the cover was just too stunning for me to pass it up. Our main character Kate, is our typical quiet girl who prefers to stay indoors. Her grandparents and sister, Georgia forces her to branch out into the city. Instead of Kate being home all the time, she spends most of her time at a cafe where she meets eye with Vincent. If I could choose one word to describe him, it would be gentleman. He's kind and caring, but sometimes, he can come off as a little too perfect. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I prefer characters to have some flaws.

With the concept of revenants, I think the author did a splendid job on creating her own twist with zombies. Revenants are basically zombies - the walking dead. I don't want to go into further detail but I suggest you read this but it is quite interesting and original.

I didn't experience that many problems with this book except for Kate's sister, Georgia and the romance. In the book, it mentioned Georgia would literally assign people to accompany her sister, Kate. Bossy much? And as for the romance, I think it was a little too much. If she brought it down by a notch and replaced with more action scenes, I would've enjoyed it more.

With a dreamy place setting, mysterious boys and a unique take on zombies, I would highly recommend this book to those who are searching for a fairly good paranormal romance.

3.5/5 STARS



2 comments:

  1. I've had this book on my TBR for a while (I may even have it on my Kindle from one of the cheapy days), but I guess I never paid enough attention to it to notice that zombies were involved. I'm not much for romance-driven books, but I do like when untypical love interests are used. Have you read Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel. It's an... interesting... YA zombie romance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another zombie romance? Hold on while I go stalk that book on goodreads. Hahaha. I'll definitely check it out.

      Delete