Monday 24 June 2013

I Am Number Four By Pittacus Lore

Author: Pittacus Lore
Pages: 440
Publication Date: August 3, 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Library
Format: Ebook

 Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books - but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. We have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.


 I really thought I was going to love this, but I was slightly disapointed. The way the story was introduced was gripping and just plain enthrilling, but as soon as the story became some high school romance; I was just turned off. I loved how the both of them, Henri and John were on the run, always hiding. I think that was better if they were on the run instead of staying in Paradise, Ohio.

The characters were decent. I wasn't overly impressed with John. Actually, I couldn't connect with any of the characters at all. I disliked Sarah. She was just a complete flat character. The only characters I enjoyed was Number Six and the dog, Bernie Kosmar (if you really count him as one).

The ending was what really keeps you hanging. The fighting, the running, everything is what made this book a great read. I wasn't a big fan of the romance - way too chessy. I really want John to find someone else, hopefully someone like Number Six.

Overall, I thought this was a good read. I don't really care for this book, but I can't wait to read the second book. This series has great potential and I really hope that it doesn't disappoint me.


3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment